Re: [OM] Does software choice matter in producing image "quality" ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Does software choice matter in producing image "quality" ?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 12:47:15 -0800
On 12/11/2013 6:09 AM, Piers Hemy wrote:
> But would Michelangelo have been able to produce his work using my hammers
> and chisels? No, of course not (you'll have to trust me on the quality of my
> tools). While I, naturally, accept the (wide) differences in skill levels,
> it seems to me that a failure to understand the limits which will eventually
> be imposed by choice of the 'wrong' tool will (also, eventually) stymie
> efforts to improve skill level.

What I wanted to say, but much better expressed.

Your second sentence exactly describes the trouble with Picasa editing, at
least a while ago. In a hurry to get a bunch
of images ready for a slide show, I tried it out. Fine at first, and I got the
show on, then frustrating and ultimately
not up to the job of going further. And left me to start from scratch with a
more capable tool.

Good Tools Moose