Re: [OM] Close Call

Subject: Re: [OM] Close Call
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 14:44:24 -0600
>> Actually, I was considering getting one of those light domes for the
> iPhone and use a metering app.  Doesn't do spot metering, but should work.
> Or, I could load batteries in the OM4Ti and just use it as a meter, like
> you suggest...

I personally would take it one step further. Load the same type of
film int he OM4Ti as the 4x5. Use auto-exposure on the OM4Ti and
manually open and close the shutter (with cable release) on the 4x5 to
match the OM. (For time exposures). Need to cover for reciprocity
failure? Just dial in the appropriate amount of exposure compensation
on the OM.

The other advantage to using the same film in the OM is that you
process the 35mm rolls first. Carefully examine the exposure of the
film and use that as a guide to compensate the development of the
sheets of 4x5 film.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx