Re: [OM] Close Call

Subject: Re: [OM] Close Call
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 14:25:26 -0600
> That's when we found out what
> he was really like.... and how he pissed off our main investor behind our
> backs and killed the deal.

I also went through one of those "Thank you, Lord, for killing this
one early" business opportunities. In my case, it was when one of the
two primary partners got sideways with the SEC. That only cost me 21
months of lost income.

> Now, I'm just holding off for technology to catch up so I can get a digital
> back for that thing (if it fit the Graflok fittings, that would rock) that
> doesn't cost three times what my house it worth.

I keep thinking that it's coming. Of course, there was the scan back.
A fantastic idea, but only for some stuff. Instead, I am a firm
believer that large-format exists for B&W film. Not only is the film
relatively inexpensive, but processing is a piece of cake.

> Smart man.

Mostly. But that's another story not at all related to photography.

AG