Re: [OM] Close Call

Subject: Re: [OM] Close Call
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 10:56:44 -0600
> I must strongly disagree with you in part. While the Mamiya 7 is a delight
> (although I prefer the 6), the RB/RZ can't stand up in a comparison with a
> 500CM. I own a fair sized Hasselblad outfit, and used an RB67 supplied by an
> employer. The RB/RZ is much much bigger and heavier. It is really beyond
> reality to think of hand holding one, and please don't give me that business
> that all these cameras need to be on a tripod, that's just not the case.

There is one other thing that would drive me towards the Hasselblad
outfit over the Mamiya. The focus screen. The Hasselblad is much more
3D (even with one-eye viewing) and you can easily identify which
direction to move the focus plane.

Yet, if I could score a Contax 645AF for a reasonable price...

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx