Re: [OM] OT upgrading to Win 7: 32-bit or 64-bit?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT upgrading to Win 7: 32-bit or 64-bit?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 11:18:17 -0400
It would appear from this Crucial recommendation
<http://www.crucial.com/upgrade/ASUS-memory/ASUS+Motherboards/P5KC-upgrades.html>

that the original memory was (now expensive @ $67) DDR2.  However, since
the machine is now stated to have DDR3 (you can't mix DDR2 and 3),
assuming the 4GB of DDR3 is in two 2GB modules you can upgrade to 8GB by
adding 2 more 2GB modules from Crucial at the modest cost of $42.
<http://www.crucial.com/search/searchresults.aspx?keywords=DDR3%20PC3%20Asus%20P5KC>

But Mike's reluctance to spend more on what's now a slow machine is
probably well taken.

Chuck Norcutt