Re: [OM] Possibly stupid Olympus question

Subject: Re: [OM] Possibly stupid Olympus question
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 08:53:19 -0500
On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 8:13 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I did something that no self-respecting BMWCCA type would do--I took
> mine off the road and got it DIRTY! But seriously, if it wasn't for
> the excessive weight, the X5 would probably do pretty well at
> autocross if it was modded a little bit.
>
> I always get a chuckle out of seeing the country-club types with their big
fancy luxury SUV's with the polished chrome brush bars and the big safari
light package... knowing that the furthest they ever take them off-road is
when they possibly might miss the edge of the driveway by an inch or two
because they can't see over the hood.  Or the same group of people who
drive a Hummer H1.  Or bought an H2, which is nothing more than a huge
steel box on a pickup-truck frame.

I remember reading an article once where H2 owners were complaining because
they were getting something like 8mpg and there was a lot of wind noise at
highway speeds.

Hello?  You just bought an 8600lb rectangular steel block on wheels and
you're complaining it has wind noise?  Didn't you test-drive the thing
before you plunked down the $60k?
--

Paul Braun  WD9GCO
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard