[OM] (OM) OT a note for the records

Subject: [OM] (OM) OT a note for the records
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 01:34:37 +1200
Just a note. Don't bother with condolence messages, thanks all the same.

After having a significant weight loss ( stress, not disease, according to my
GP), I have been trying to regain the 10 kg of muscle through regular
exercise;  walking the dog (20 + minutes/day) as well as carefully increasing
use of my rowing machine and weights as well as floor exercises. I thought I
was doing OK, and had actually gained about 1 kg after 6 weeks.

Suddenly I have been struck by quite painful lower back pain on one side,
and now have a regular diet of codeine phosphate tabs plus paracetamol
(which are effective). I've never before experienced muscle spasms like
these ones; at least as sore as foot cramps due to magnesium deficiency.

Three weeks ago I did spend some time hefting around the wheels of the
Rangie and also some weighty trailer wheels, mostly with one hand. Seems
that the imbalance of stress has torn some cartilage along one vertebrum.
So there was a one week pause then all hell broke loose!!

It's a bit like walking up sandhills; gain two steps up, slip one step back
.... or
even vice - versa.

Little things that are sent to try us. Especially, it seems, with age.

Brian Swale