Re: [OM] (OM) OT a note for the records

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT a note for the records
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 11:42:13 +1200
Andrew wrote:

> I'd be more than happy to donate that 10kg - the usual address?

Yes, but it has to be muscle that is donated ... :-)  That's what I lost.

> I had yet another episode of serious back pain recently and  discovered
> the ultimate drug. Imagine something that takes away all the pain, helps
> you sleep, lose excess weight, elevates mood, makes you think clearly and
> rapidly, makes you a bit overactive if anything, helps you sleep shorter
> but better, increases confidence, gives you back your sense of humour,
> improves your social life...This actually happened. Took 20 years off me
> in two days flat. I was facing a days work at a school and worried that I
> couldn't manage it but by the time I got there, I was firing so well that
> they offered me more work on the spot. I knocked off jobs at home that had
> been waiting around for years, including renovating the downstairs toilet
> completely. Not a fairy tale - this happened. But there's Unfortunately,
> the drug in question is Prednisolone. You tell a doctor that you want this
> stuff and they get a rather worried look around the eyes. List of nasty
> side effects a mile long. Bugger. I had enough to...er...abuse it for a
> month (on 25mg a day I bounce out of bed wanting to 'bite the day'). I'm
> experimenting with a low dose now and damn I miss it. Still losing weight
> though, (10kg so far, coincidentally) which is atypical. Balancing it with
> high protein intake and lots of Calcium. Reading up on forums for people
> who take regular doses for ailments like Krohn's Disease, it seems that
> around 10-20% have a similar extremely positive psychological response.
> Off to see a guy today who is suggesting Ketamine instead. A dissociative
> hallucinogen? WooHoo! Andrew Fildes

 Prednisolone. I thought I'd heard of this before, so I mentioned it to my
favourite red-head who was a practice  nurse for decades.

It is a steroid, and has the usual dangers associated with them.  Damage to
bone structure. Softens them - including the rib-cage; become very pliable...
You can get steroid 'moonface'.
Yes, bounce off the wall behaviour is common.
Typically also gain weight.
..
Be wary.

Brian Swale