Re: [OM] Image Editing System

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Editing System
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 18:34:09 -0400
I have a desktop workstation at my other office in RH.  It is ancient.
 Still Windows XP and doesn't recognize a lot of my newest software. I have
a tiny monitor hooked up there just to check e-mail when I'm in town.  My
big 4800 printer is still hooked to that computer along with the ImagePrint
software.  The last time I upgraded, it seemed to make sense to upgrade a
laptop since I was going back and forth from RH to York and also traveling
and giving presentations.  The laptop was more powerful than my desktop and
seemed to be a huge upgrade in speed and efficiency.  At the time.  Now it
seems pretty slow and I'd love to go on to the next step.  I'm sure PC will
be cheaper, but I want to find one that is specifically built for
photo-processing which I have not been able to do, so far.

TIA

Tina

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 6:25 PM, Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I'm just wondering why Tina (sorry for thr 3rd person Tina) is editing pix
> (that is the case no?) on a laptop. I don't do that unless I have no
> choice. If the screen is a couple of defrees off what you were doing last
> time, the ambient lighting has changed, etc., then the image looks
> different. I'd rather have a static workstation and I do, in two places -
> and a little MacAir for all the other on the move stuff. And a desktop
> machine is usually cheaper to build and option up and attach big stuff to
> and....
> How much was the MacTub going to cost?
> Andrew Fildes
> afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> www.soultheft.com
> Author/Publisher: The SLR Compendium - http://www.blurb.com/books/3732813
>

> On 11/06/2013, at 5:42 PM, SwissPace wrote:
>
> > I will say that its not the best for some BUT for Tina who admits to
> > being non technical and wanting a machine with warranty etc.. then I
> > honestly think that for her it would be worth moving to a mac, and even
> > better if she could wait for the new mac pro and os maverick.
>
> --

Tina Manley
http://tina-manley.artistwebsites.com