Re: [OM] Image Editing System

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Editing System
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 12:50:56 -0600
> As far as actual pixel manipulation goes, I don't think there's a lot, if
> any, difference between Mac and PC. My point is that I have found with Mac, I
> spend more time editing photos and less time leaned over under the hood
> lacerating and bruising my knuckles wrenching various bits and pieces of PC
> stuff around. That is both literal, in the case of opening the case, and
> metaphorical, in the sense of fiddling with software and warning messages and
> other assorted annoyances.

It's been many years since I've cracked open one of my computers other
than to clean the dust out, but that's a universal problem.

As to the other stuff, it really isn't hard. Everything is
plug-and-play and the "uninstaller" is located in the same menu as the
program. I'm really not sure what you are harping on because the
modern-day Windows environment has nothing in common with the DOS era.
If you are dealing with a device that requires additional non-standard
drivers or require more direct device control, then, yes, it does tend
to be a bear, but on the flip side, it was a rarity that those types
of cards or devices ever were used with Macs.

As to viri, well, so many of the exploits now are java or flash based.
Apple's solution is to disable java and flash and only run it as a
protected environment which is anything but compatible with many
corporate applications. The operating system and browser is actually
pretty robust. If I was to venture a guess, I'd say that most exploits
these days involve FireFox in one form or another.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx