Re: [OM] So the geek in me...

Subject: Re: [OM] So the geek in me...
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 16:40:06 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Moose" <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>

> Contrary to what might easily be read into AG's comments on ergonomics,
> it is a HIGHLY personal subject. You may well be able to take better
> photographs with a Leica than I can with any camera I have. I happily
> concede the point with people; perhaps not with dragonflies and a few
> other subjects. :-)

To me, I'm not sure if Leica do better for people. Based on the single
center focus point it is too slow to operate. One has to focus then frame
again if the object is not at the center. I usually do framing then focus on
the ground glass. Any movement could affect the focus point. To me "focus
and frame" does not work for shallow DOF portrait.

>BUT, I cannot make better images with Leicas than with other cameras,
>as I will not even try. Their viewing model and the focal length and
>close-up limitations drive me crazy.

Macro and tele lenses are important elements for a complete photo system,
missing either one won't work for me.

C.H.Ling - happily using the outdated Olympus MF lenses.