Re: [OM] So the geek in me...

Subject: Re: [OM] So the geek in me...
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 09:19:20 -0500
> Hmm,  it does have the nifty wifi and interchangeable focusing screens
> unlike the OM 5DIII.

Interchangeable screens, good. (insert Tooltime Tim grunts)

> No clue
> how the MA chipped adapter with Zuikos work on 6D but suspect not quite
> as good as on 5DIII but then can change screens (they do sell shims
> though Canyon doesn't like to advertise that that may be required).

My ignorance of these matters is pretty severe right now.

> Probably better high ISO performance than the 5DIII to boot.  Don't
> know how the ergononomics work for you but suspect OK if you are
> considering it.

The ergonomics of the Canons is FINALLY to my liking. The grip depth
is improved so you don't rub the tips of your fingers off and there is
now a bit of a contour for the thumb to go. Not as comfy as an E-1,
but nothing is. I'm going to call the 6D more comfy than the E-3. I
think the 5Dmk3 is a little better camera all the way around, but the
6D is not only less expensive, but has a couple features (Android
control, built-in WiFi) that I value.\

>From the dpreview tests, it appears that the high ISO performance is
pretty much identical to the 5Dmk3. Granted, more/better pixels would
be great, but we've long-since passed the point of diminishing
returns. I think I can live without the D800. I'm needing a good
Colorado digital camera to accompany the OM cameras.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx