Re: [OM] Photos of why no tourists travel to Wales

Subject: Re: [OM] Photos of why no tourists travel to Wales
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 18:23:41 +0100
OS 1:50000 is, of course, no match for a real RAF TNC, but it shows no
island in Llyn Ogwen.

As far as I know A5 Pass is still as much a favourite with military aircraft
photographers as with those in the driving seat -
http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&p=455936 were taken
in January this year. Of course, I wouldn't know if any illegal manoeuvring
was involved, although the first entertaining (?) text in the following link
suggests the rulebook might not have been written with Teutonic "gung-ho" in
mind http://www.targeta.co.uk/low_level_a5.htm . The rest of the text there
has perhaps a better description of what you experienced.

I have never had the pleasure - the closest I can remember is being
overtaken by a low flying aircraft trundling down Strathearn many years ago.
I was on the main road at about 130m height, and "Albert", as I believe he
is known to Chris,  passed below me. Sedately!

Piers