[OM] IMG: Santa Faz 2013

Subject: [OM] IMG: Santa Faz 2013
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 19:32:28 +0200
The Santa Faz monastery is eight kilometres from the centre of Alicante.
Inside, there is a relic brought from the Vatican in the 15th century which,
according to popular tradition, is the veil with which Veronica wiped the blood
from Jesus’ face on the way to the Calvary. Every year, thousands of people
head there on a pilgrimage from Alicante on the second Thursday after Easter
Sunday, and it is one the city’s most tradicional local fiestas. The event is
basically religious, but for most of the participants it is more about local
tradition and just having fun. The event is in the morning (the procession
starts at 8 a.m. from the cathedral), and since I have the day off (all shops
and offices are closed today), I was able to process the images and put up a
selection immediately upon returning home:

http://www.greatpix.eu/Other/Santa-Faz-2013

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain