Re: [OM] Family portrait

Subject: Re: [OM] Family portrait
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 08:36:09 +0100
I wanted to hire a Ferrari but the price was too much above what I would
pay, The Jag looked nice and was on special offer. It lok superb and
oozes quality BUT it was a bit scary to drive (I have a fast audi with a
similar turn of speed so it wasn't that I am not used to fast cars).

To be fair It rained the whole weekend so the roads were always wet and
if you floored it after a brief hesitation while it changed down you
charged forward with a huge 500BHP kick which surprises you especially
having never driven a supercharged car before however because its
supercharged rather than turboed the power comes in much sooner and also
because its RWD  the backend just slipped as the tyres seemed to have no
grip - wheelspinning at 50 mph is ok but not when it starts to slide
from side to side

  I only had chance to get above the legal speeds once  (at a pals
private airfield of course, ahem ;-)  ) and then only got up to 115 MPH
but it didn't seem at all stable admittedly I wasn't in sports mode so
maybe that would have helped but it seemed to have far too much power
for the chassis.   Fun for a weekend but not sure I would like to live
with it and coming back to the snow here I think to myself I will only
buy 4 wheel drive cars in future, but then again there is the Ferrari
that I have wanted to own since I was 10 ;-)

It was however a bit of fun and its good to treat yourself once in a
while and my mum got to ride in a " posh car  " , I am not sure I would
like to own one though

IanW