Re: [OM] Family portrait

Subject: Re: [OM] Family portrait
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 21:01:33 +0100
I did always want a 246 but a 308 would have been nice, but the newer
ones require less maintenance so I have been looking at 355 or 360 the
latter no longer requires an engine out cambelt change.  I have all the
workshop manuals and it is possible to look after one of these yourself
but expensive if you get it wrong. Surprisingly the brakes are much
cheaper than my Audi RS4 which needs new disks again so I will probably
upgrade to the later model brake setup and that will cost me the
equivalent of 6 OM-Ds. However the car is now 13 years old and can still
give most a run for the money so I think I will chip it and then
hopefully get another 7 or 8 years out of it.