Re: [OM] Polaroid Dust & Scratch Removal Tool, was: The Fruit Sellers

Subject: Re: [OM] Polaroid Dust & Scratch Removal Tool, was: The Fruit Sellers
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 20:38:37 -0500
I guess I didn't make myself very clear.  The errors I spoke of on
trying to run 32 bit CS6 on Win7 were PhotoShop error messages long
before getting to filters.  I'll have to do a re-install I'm sure since
something is quite wrong with the installation.  Not being able to load
the C++ libraries is pretty fundamental.  There were two other error
messages having to do with missing support modules for my AMD 4-core
processor.

I didn't think I had an installer but I did... lost in a folder of a
different name.  I had run into the scratchremoval.dll error trying to
run the stand-alone version but knew that I could find it in System32.
Sorry, but that happened early enough this morning that I had forgotten
that.  But I did get the stand-alone version running without using the
installer just by copying the scratchremoval.dll.  I haven't found a
registry entry for it after running the installer.  But if it was there
it probably just shortens the search.  I suspect any unresolved DLL call
will check System32 since lots of apps put their DLLs there.

And I was mistaken that the plug-in wasn't running on CS6-32.  Despite
PhotoShop's startup error messages it does seem to run.  I had a number
of other problems getting filters to work this morning and it was really
CS6-64 that was causing me problems by not displaying filters I had put
there by copying from CS5.  Probably because they're 8 bit only.

Anyhow I downloaded your copy of the installer and ran it.  It made no
difference to the operation of the stand-alone or plug-in (which,
despite what I said earlier) had been working all along.  Sorry for the
confusion.

Chuck Norcutt