Re: [OM] Dead Letter Box - The Sequel

Subject: Re: [OM] Dead Letter Box - The Sequel
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 15:16:39 -0500
> Ken, I'm not on Facebook, is this a token of my acting in good faith ;-)

Yup! You're doing good. I made sure the FB link was friendly to non-FB
people. I haven't figured out how to make the G+ photos link yet. And
I'm doing it all from my cellphone.

> I no longer shoot Oly but Alice does - she met Mike for an informal
> intercontinental Oly gathering in Boston last night BTW

Come to one a Zuikofest and I'll provide loaner equipment to anybody
to shoot. I'll even provide the first roll of B&W film for free.

> I'm impressed by this E1 - you get very good rendition many a folk
> would like to get with sky-high tagged gear ...

The E-1 does have a fascinating way of rendering colors and contrasts.
For those wondering, my settings for this shot were Saturation CS3,
Contrast +1, Sharpness +2, WB 6000K +1, and JPEG HQ. It was about 90
minutes before sunset. I've learned to shoot a lot of these scenics as
RAW+JPEG because the in-camera JPEG file is usually a bit better than
anything I'm going to get from the RAW file. If nothing else, the JPEG
file makes a good color/contrast guide for processing. The one thing
this camera does is make a very "rich looking" image.

> And I like the way you see things :-)

Thank you.

> Thanks for the info, precious to me.

Thank you. Knowledge sharing is important on this list. On this list,
we're all pretty secure with our insecurities.

AG Schnozz

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx