Re: [OM] OT--Favorite Defrag Program?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT--Favorite Defrag Program?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 08:28:30 -0400
I found this very interesting since it clearly indicates that modern
large hard drives do take advantage of linear data density by putting
more data on the outer tracks.  Placing sequentially accessed data there
minimizes rotational delay.  But faster *seek* times for data in the
center is why the Windows directory has been there since Windows NT.

The rest of your comments are interesting with respect to large capacity
servers but most of us don't have such things in our houses.

Chuck Norcutt