Re: [OM] OT--Favorite Defrag Program?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT--Favorite Defrag Program?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 07:22:51 -0400
Stringing related data together is the meaning of defragmentation.  What
version of Windows are you running, what is the file system type and
what percentage of your disk is in use? If defragmentation made a
significant performance difference I would say that your file system is
probably FAT32 (vs NTFS) and your disk must have been near full at some
point.  If that's not correct I'd like to know.

Chuck Norcutt