Re: [OM] OT--Favorite Defrag Program?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT--Favorite Defrag Program?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 11:08:20 -0400
I'm wondering how it's possible to control data placement on the disk
now that Logical Block Addressing (LBA) is in use and has been for a
long time.  Is not the disk controller in the drive in complete control
of the physical mapping of logical blocks?  Or are logical blocks and
physical blocks closely related with the exception of failed blocks
which have been remapped?

Chuck Norcutt