Re: [OM] Software Solution!

Subject: Re: [OM] Software Solution!
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 09:05:34 -0500
> Somehow I got Lightroom 3 and now 4 to accept my file structure. Damned if I
> can remember how I did it. <g>

It's on page 1172 of the manual. There's a little gray sidebar with
the instructions there. Unfortunately, it's not searchable text
because the sidebar is a graphic.

:)

> And I've started changing my structure to
> make more use of LR4's capabilities, which mostly involve me not having to
> wander all over hell and half of Georgia to find what I'm looking for.

Some of you may recall my uncertainty regarding going digital because
of the file structure. I had/have a terrific filing system for all my
slides. I realized that I could copy that system for use in
directories. Well, a funny thing happened along the way. I didn't.
Sure, it is to some extent, but what have done is sucked in the images
and filed them by date. The directory is named by date and a
descriptor. Does it work? Not really. I wish I would have stayed
disciplined and organized them properly all along. The stuff I DID do
it properly--those are easy. But in reality, my situation with the
digital files is identical to that with my sheets of negatives. I have
never found a filing system that works there.

I'm puzzled by something. Isn't hell and half of Georgia redundant?

;)

AG
--
Ken Norton