[OM] T32 in auto +OM4T in manual, what's going to happen?

Subject: [OM] T32 in auto +OM4T in manual, what's going to happen?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 20:02:24 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks for the detailed explanation--very clear.

>Since the focal-plane shutter of the OM series of electronic-shutter
>cameras forces the shutter speed to exactly 1/60 (except for the
>original OM-2, which does float), your control of the background
>exposure is only adjustable with aperture and film speed.

I believe one can turn the 4T into a OM-2 type of keeping the shutter
open if TTL-flash is not adequate  mode by covering up   a contact.
Certainly not as flexible or easy to use as a 3Ti.  I recall using
theOM 2 for this when a stop of photons short only a couple of
times---OM2 was on a 'pod so I didn't care much about the final shutter
speed and the normal auto modes were not to my liking. Really need a
flashmeter to use that well and if require ND filters besides diffusers
may as well use manual.

John recently adroitly fixed my OM2 FP switch which was fouling up
triggering my flash bulb bracket  though oddly it would trigger
electronic flashes in FP mode (testing).  I recently had to divert one
of two  big bertha  flashbulbs to the ceiling and we were still looking
at sunny 16 conditions in that room--yes fine sync at 1/125.  All but a
few of the guests could see something besides spots in about 15minutes
and they  did tolerate 2 takes.

Guest Blinder, Mike