Re: [OM] Another OT BW Photo

Subject: Re: [OM] Another OT BW Photo
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 16:09:53 -0500
On Thu, Jul 12, 2012, at 03:30 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> > That is true.  Expose for the highlights and use compensating
> > development?  The idea of the orange filter is to blow the highlights,
> > or something, a little bit.
>
> You have that confused with digital. Expose for the shadows, develop
> for the highlights.

Not as confused as you look.  With compensating development that is kind
of what one is doing -- holding the highlights while bringing up the
shadows.

> > Got some Tri-X loaded up and ready to go. Unfortunately, it is now dark.
> >  Fortunately, I am getting sleepy anyway.
>
> Meanwhile, those Zuikos are crying out for attention. Speaking of
> such, I ran across the negs of the pictures I took with that 28/2.
> Major angst. That lens is too bloody sharp.

Funny you should mention.  I finally acquired a Tammy of pretty good
quality for the 5D, to have when I want to do AF, grab shots, maybe some
flash, with the 5D.  It's a nice lens, but I've gotten used to the look
of the Zuikos in those Canaan raw files.

Joel W.

                          or over the web