Re: [OM] Another OT BW Photo

Subject: Re: [OM] Another OT BW Photo
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:19:52 -0500
On Wed, Jul 11, 2012, at 10:38 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> I've been using a green filter quite a bit this year. Never did until
> about a year or two ago and pretty much disliked the look as it didn't
> look very natural to me.
>
> Until I learned how to manage the look through printing the images
> differently and by composing differently.
>
> Last month, I shot a couple rolls with the green almost exclusively.
> The first few shots were pretty bad, but after a while I started
> seeing things in a different light and started looking for subjects or
> compositions that fit that vision.

Throw out an example or two when you get a chance.

The sleeper in the fold to me is the orange.  Stuff looks like IR
sometimes.  People generally grab a red for dramatic skies, etc.  Orange
is scary dramatic.  Terrible filter factor though.  There must be an app
for that.

Joel W.

P.S. I am going to do your test with VS soon.  I've had limited time for
messing around because of house guests and needing to install PS 6 and a
couple other little computer jobs.  Plus, I am hitting Acros right on
the money with VS right now and its too much fun. -- jw

  http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html