Re: [OM] Another OT BW Photo

Subject: Re: [OM] Another OT BW Photo
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 15:30:59 -0500
> That is true.  Expose for the highlights and use compensating
> development?  The idea of the orange filter is to blow the highlights,
> or something, a little bit.

You have that confused with digital. Expose for the shadows, develop
for the highlights.

> All I know is I never use a blue filter, that's for sure.

The digital picture of the abandoned cars, which I posted the other
day is using a blue filter. I don't think I've ever had an occasion
before where blue was best. At least that I've ever tried.

> Got some Tri-X loaded up and ready to go. Unfortunately, it is now dark.
>  Fortunately, I am getting sleepy anyway.

Meanwhile, those Zuikos are crying out for attention. Speaking of
such, I ran across the negs of the pictures I took with that 28/2.
Major angst. That lens is too bloody sharp.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx