Re: [OM] OT - Card reader question

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Card reader question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 00:00:41 -0700
Has it not struck anyone that this thread has possibly wandered off course?

Bill started with a question about a multi-card reader.

He mentioned 300x-400x cards, a nomenclature common with CF cards, but not
SD/HC/HX, which use the Class x designations,
often along with inflated transfer speed numbers and names not unlike those of
motor vehicles seeking to project raciness.

His DSLRs, as I recall, are E-thingies, which used CF and xD cards until the
E-5, which replaced xD with SD format,
while retaining CF, as well.

Although I've not met him, all indications are that he is at least reasonably
intelligent and technically competent.

The above lead me to suspect that he in fact aware of the SD reader on his Mac
and in need of a fast reader for CF (and
possibly even xD?) cards.

It is therefore likely that calculations and speculations about Macbook SD
readers are not responsive.

Peevishly Pedantic Moose