Re: [OM] OT - Card reader question

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Card reader question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 10:05:40 -0400
In looking over the device linked below it looks like it's really
designed to be a permanent installation for a CF card internal to a
laptop.  Note the closed "end" of the box where the CF card needs to be
inserted.  That might or might not interfere with easily plugging the CF
card into its connector.  So it's possible this box might need a bit of
surgery there to make it easy to install/remove the CF card but that
should be easy.  It's probably plastic and easily cut or, if metal, can
be easily bent down 90 degrees.

For those not familiar with eSATA docking stations for backup see:
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153071>
The CF/SATA adapter below should plug right into this.  From reviews
eSATA speed is only 1.5 GBS (rather than 3.0 or 6.0) but that's very
fast relative to USB 2.0.

Chuck Norcutt