Re: [OM] Fuji X-pro1 and OM-D

Subject: Re: [OM] Fuji X-pro1 and OM-D
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 12:04:33 +0200
Hi Nathan,

It was the Camera store on Hottingerstr.  Things have changed,
electrical stuff can be bought online as cheap if not cheaper than the
UK now, probablydue to strong Franc and low VAT equiv, There are some
strange anonmolies though the fujinon lenses in the UK are 1.5 times
that in switzerland yet the bodies are about the same. The OM-D I just
bought was about 20 percent cheaper here than UK. I was also surprised
it was the same as online which was good for him and bad for me ;-)  if
it hadn't I would have probably walked out to think longer and may not
have gone back.

What I do find though is that swiss customs tend to charge on everything
now which takes the fun out of ordering from outside and can also adds a
week or two delay. I try wherever possible to support the local shops,
sometimes though it really hurts - like my Panny 20/1.7

Cheers IanW