Re: [OM] [Leica] IMG: Les Feux d'Alice - THANKS

Subject: Re: [OM] [Leica] IMG: Les Feux d'Alice - THANKS
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 08:12:29 -0400
Does the camera not offer bulb exposure mode?  My Canon 5D allows up to
999 seconds and keeps a timer running on the display to show you elapsed
time.  If you have the appropriate noise reduction mode set it will also
repeat the "exposure" with the shutter closed to compute the noise
generated by the overly long exposure and subtract it from the real
exposure.  But it doubles the exposure time.  Hold the shutter open for
a minute and then you have to wait another minute to compute and
subtract the noise.

I've never actually tried it.  Maybe the 4th of July fireworks would be
a good time... but not as long as > 30 seconds... just the noise
reduction part if exposures exceed 1 second.

Chuck Norcutt