Re: [OM] EVF's etc - was Sunday

Subject: Re: [OM] EVF's etc - was Sunday
From: "Ian Manners" <void@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 12:40:26 +0800 (WST)
Hi Jeff,

> The OM-D autofocus with the new m4/3 lenses seems to be quick and
> accurate.
> When using some older 4/3 lenses there can be enough hunting that I
> loaded olympus viewer 2 and made sure everthing had the latest firmware.

My Oly 12-60 went off to get the hood mount at the front replaced, the
plastic posts under the hood mount are breaking off. So last week I put
my Sigma 18-15 f2.8 on the E450, it does a lot of focus hunting and often
doesnt focus properly at all.

So for the past 2 days I put the Sigma on the E1 and it works like a
charm, reasonably quick focusing, the odd focus hunt but nothing like
when it's on the E450. I cleaned the connections on all camera's and
the Sigma so I know thats not the problem. I suspect even though they
are 'system' len's that they are really designed to be optimal with the
camera's they are/were released with.

My main worry is that I won't be able to use the 12-60 on the OM-D,
though yes, with the EVF the smaller f len's should be fine with it, I
like my f2.8's and my bokeh zones.

I could use different cameras for different things but I'm finding, especially
over the past year, that I'm only using one camera body, and only one
len's. Except for work bench stuff like macro/conversion work.

Even my Zuiko 35-80 f2.8 hasnt been used since [I think] late last year
now :(

Cheers
Ian Manners