Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 18:46:54 -0400
Hi, David -

One of my monitors is a 24" Eizo ColorEdge, one is a 17" Dell Laptop and
one is an 8" Acer netbook so they all have very different capabilities in
calibration possibilities.  I usually base my adjustments on the Eizo.  The
scan looked grainy and saturated but not too grainy or too saturated.  I
have adjusted it some in LR:

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/144026343

Any better or not?

I appreciate the help!

Tina

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 6:21 PM, David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Hi, David -
> >
> > I'm using Silverfast with a Kodachrome target.  On my three
> > monitors, the colors look too saturated on one but normal on the
> > others.  Kodachrome is very contrasty and I haven't found a way to
> > reduce the contrast without getting a washed-out look.  Again, on
> > two of my monitors the contrast is normal for Kodachrome but really
> > strong on the monitor.   They are all calibrated with Color Munki.
>
> Hi again, Tina!
>
> 1) if all monitors were calibrated the same way, they should look
> identical.
>
> 2) Kodachrome **is** contrasty... by my Kodachromes don't come out as harsh
> looking as this image.
>
> 3) My biggest concern is the level of saturation.   On my monitor, the
> flesh
> tones have a distinctly "green-ish" look.
>
> --

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com