Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 18:14:53 -0400
Hi, David -

I'm using Silverfast with a Kodachrome target.  On my three monitors, the
colors look too saturated on one but normal on the others.  Kodachrome is
very contrasty and I haven't found a way to reduce the contrast without
getting a washed-out look.  Again, on two of my monitors the contrast is
normal for Kodachrome but really strong on the monitor.   They are all
calibrated with Color Munki.

Thanks!

Tina

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 5:32 PM, David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > PESO:
> >
> > I'm now scanning Kodachromes from Guatemala.  While most of my
> > Honduras photos are B&W, most of my Guatemala photos are color.
> > Color seems to be a part of the people of Guatemala and to remove
> > the color is to remove some of their personality.
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/image/144026343
> >
> > C&C greatly appreciated.
>
> Hi Tina!
>
> On my (calibrated) monitor, the colours look overly saturated, with too
> much
> contrast.
>
> With my Nikon V-ED film scanner, I can select the film type to be scanned.
> Your scan has the look of a mismatch, in that regard.
>
> I like the image, but suspect it may need to be "toned down" a wee bit.
>
> David.
> --

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com