Re: [OM] WTB Grip for OM-3,3Ti,4,4T,4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] WTB Grip for OM-3,3Ti,4,4T,4Ti
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 21:03:47 -0800
On 1/3/2012 2:36 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> That is what I would call the DEFINITIVE treatise on the topic. They
> were available for 10 -15 bucks now and again 5 years ago, but that was
> then.
> Where else is such an analysis to be had?
>
> Ours is little gifty from Moose and used all the time. Marnie really
> benefited but I am enamored of it now too given our none-too-small walk
> about lens. I trust it has a worthy home.

Yes indeed. I passed it no not only because you are cool folks who wanted one,
although that would be sufficient reason.

I also found that it did very little for my grip. After looking for one at a
reasonable price for some time, I was
disappointed in how little difference it made in my grip on the camera. So I
was delighted to find someone who
appreciated it. :-)

As Ken says in his treatise, it depends a lot on how one holds and uses the
camera. With an MF, 35 mm camera, I tend to
hold the weight in the palm of my left hand and focus with left fingers. The
right hand isn't carrying any weight. When
not actually shooting, the camera is either resting in the left hand or hanging
from the strap.

If I really wanted a hand grip for an OM, I would probably remove the insides
and plastic bottom part that holds
batteries from a Winder and put something in the hole in the bottom. That would
make a great, light, sturdy grip. When
using a winder, I do tend to work the other way, with the right hand doing the
weight lifting.

Moose