[OM] A Friday Wander - Photo Addiction

Subject: [OM] A Friday Wander - Photo Addiction
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 14:37:20 -0800
The weather here has been sunny for about a week, although quite blustery some
days. Last Friday was particularly
lovely. So after taking care of other things, I drove over to nearby Blake
House Gardens for a gentle wander about.

At first, I was going to intentionally avoid taking a camera. I've photographed
there many times, and the point was the
wandering, not photography. Then I realized something about myself these days.
It would be easier, and less disruptive
to a contemplative stroll, to take a camera and take those shots I noticed -
than to notice shots and not be able to
just take the shot and move on. A creative solution to addiction? ;-)

As it turned out, I managed both to have a relaxing time and come back with a
handful of images.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=SFBayArea/BlakeHouse/December_2nd_2011>

This scene immediately reminded me of the title sequence of the BBC series Posh
Nosh.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=SFBayArea/BlakeHouse/December_2nd_2011&image=_MG_5311croof20.jpg>

Not much the same, really, but PN aficionados should remember this image, which
I always loved.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Miscellaneous/Images&image=Posh_Nosh1.jpg>

This looked to me like some imaginary island in a fantasy.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=SFBayArea/BlakeHouse/December_2nd_2011&image=_MG_5312.jpg>
It is of course, something quite different.

There is something about this group of log pieces, presumably set up for people
to sit on, that reminds me of a group of
old men, sitting out on a lawn.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=SFBayArea/BlakeHouse/December_2nd_2011&image=_MG_5291croofmjpg.jpg>

This is the front of the official residence of the President of the University
of California. The current president is
not in residence, as the house needs extensive work. Considering current budget
issues, I suppose repairs may be some
time coming. The gardens are maintained by students at the Berkeley campus
studying horticulture, landscape
architecture, etc.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=SFBayArea/BlakeHouse/December_2nd_2011&image=_MG_5302oof30.jpg>

The gardens are sometimes graced by eclectic constructions by students. last
time, there were a whole bunch, class
projects. I"m not sure what this one is about, but it made a nice subject for
four images.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=SFBayArea/BlakeHouse/December_2nd_2011&image=_MG_5294croof20.jpg>

Moose