Re: [OM] Latest attempt at shameless plugs and sample photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Latest attempt at shameless plugs and sample photos
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 09:46:47 -0500
I'd like to figure out how to argue wit you, but I really can't. There is
something to be said for trying to squeeze in all the highlight detail one can
without going over the line, because the highlight end of things is where all
the detail is. But I would think after a bit with one's camera, one would have
a pretty good idea where things were going to fall. Unless one is changing
cameras every six months. I know my cameras pretty well by now and very, very
rarely do I lose a shot due to blowing an exposure. Sometimes I could get it
better, but then we all could. And having spent a lot of time with view
cameras, I'm not sure I'd want to do the whole live view, histogram fandango
for every shot. Part of what I like about a high-end DSLR is the ability to
point it and shoot it and be fairly confident of the result. <g> Natch, that
puts more pressure on the post-processing end of things, but I'm pretty
comfortable there now. Not as comfortable as I'd like to be, but close enoug
 h.

For the time being. Then CS6 or Lightroom 4 will come out and I'll be back in
the woods again. <g>

--Bob