Re: [OM] Latest attempt at shameless plugs and sample photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Latest attempt at shameless plugs and sample photos
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 10:08:03 -0500
I don't go through the whole ETTR chimping routine on every shot.
Depending on what I'm doing I'll often shoot manual or auto with a -2/3
exposure compensation if I'm pointing generally toward the brightest
part of the sky or no compensation if I'm pointed 180 degrees away from
that.  If I'm doing what I consider an important pano I'll do the ETTR
chimping routine on one or two shots at what I consider to be the
brightest sky area starting with a meter measurement of the sky.  Once I
find that exposure I hold it constant throughout the pano.  If there's
not a great deal of scudding clouds around playing tag with the sun I'll
hold the same exposure for an hour or more unless it's early morning or
late afternoon when the light can change more quickly.

Chuck Norcutt