Re: [OM] Latest attempt at shameless plugs and sample photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Latest attempt at shameless plugs and sample photos
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 20:57:40 -0500
I did not mean to propose that an effective ETTR solution is totally
simple.  And I think dragging in most of the digital camera market into
the discussion is not relevant.  Most of the digital cameras sold today
don't have spot meters either.  I would expect to see an ETTR feature on
professional cameras, not P&S.

I accept that it probably cannot be totally automated such that it fits
all situations.  The main point is that the camera has far more
information than I do and is not making good use of it.  At the very
least it could tell me what percentage of pixels are clipped.

Chuck Norcutt