Re: [OM] Latest attempt at shameless plugs and sample photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Latest attempt at shameless plugs and sample photos
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 06:02:53 -0500
I too thought the image was overexposed when I first saw it but decided
that the problem was my yet uncalibrated monitor.  I turned down the
brightness and (especially) contrast and she looked much better.  And
that was the basis of my compliment to Ken.  Since I can't trust the
monitor yet I copied the image into PhotoShop and computed a "face
histogram" (levels command run against just the face and some hair as a
selection).  That clearly shows that the face is too bright and that
you're correct in reducing the brightness there. Your rework, however,
appears to have accentuated the red in the lower half of her face which
is not her real skin color but a reflection from her very red dress.  I
think that's there only by virtue of the flash and is in need of
softening.  But perhaps I should not comment on color further until my
monitor is telling me truth.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt