[OM] Latest attempt at shameless plugs and sample photos

Subject: [OM] Latest attempt at shameless plugs and sample photos
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 20:29:07 -0600
In today's installment of the Zone-10 Shameless Plug Alert, we have a photo
taken from a portrait session. So what? Everybody takes portraits. Yes, I
know. But I thought this one might be of interest for several reasons.

http://zone-10.com/cmsm/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=656&Itemid=1

The camera used was my E-1 which I've been grousing about getting rid of
for like forever. One of these days, I'll finally come to my senses and
toss the thing, but in the meantime I'll try to put up with it. As noted in
the text, this shot is straight-out-of-camera with only cropping and
resizing applied. (sharpening applied after resizing to bring it back to
what the original is like). Of course, I will let Millerslab color correct
it for me for the final prints.

Lens used? An OM-series 50/1.4. Granted, this one is one of the last
serial-numbered ones. I think this one came from Wayne. The flash is the
T45 which came from Jim.

Oh, the background Christmas tree lights? Exposure of those lights was done
through adjusting the shutter-speed. Once flash exposure is controlled by
aperture, so once I got my aperture set, I adjusted the shutter speed to
put the lights where I wanted.

The shadowing on the image isn't perfect, but the client is thrilled. If
she's happy, I'm happy. :)

AG

--
Ken Norton