Re: [OM] Messing Around with Silver Effex Pro v2

Subject: Re: [OM] Messing Around with Silver Effex Pro v2
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 18:47:21 -0700 (PDT)
Bob,

I was never a fan of your photography, nor you as a matter of fact.  So, it
wont be hard for me to be critical of (read diss) your experimental work.
Please, fee free to hate me as much as you wish, as I take great pleasure in it.

Lets, get back to business:

As much as I hate to admit, you have nailed the Coot Club perfectly.  Moving
on...

I would say the same about the Day's end if you manage to remove the white
artifacts around his upper shoulders.  The white cloud behind is perfect, but I
think you should reduce grain in the sky and make it look less like ornated
glass.

I like the bridge to nowhere best.  Cant be perfecter (wow, spell check liked
this one...).

Portrait with a dog has one problem-you.  Remove you and you got a fantastic
picture.

Now, the picture everyone hates...I really like it.  I think everyone's problem
is with the foreground.  There are two things that you could do to appease the
concerned:

Take the sky as a pivoting element.  It is fantastic.  So is the lighthouse,
but the detail that matches is best is the little house with the tower (dont
remember what it wuz) in front of it.  Look how the rocks under that house
somewhat lack definition and their highlights are not blownout.  If you make
the foreground to match the sharpness and dynamic range of those rocks, or as a
matter of fact any rocks above the fence, the picture will be in perfect
equilibrium. Or...:

You can just cut the bottom of the picture right under the wave and two of the
three foreground rocks.

Now get back to work and show these negatives that I am always right (gosh,
this would have been a darn good joke fifteen years ago...).

Boris