Re: [OM] Who uses a Bogen/Manfrotto 410/3275 geared head?

Subject: Re: [OM] Who uses a Bogen/Manfrotto 410/3275 geared head?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 07:15:24 -0400
Use a 3/8-16 nylon bolt like this from Home Depot for 95 cents
<http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100338642/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053>
Screw into the top of the plate until it stops, draw a line on top of
the screw head that's parallel with the long edge of the plate, mark the
length for cutting, remove the screw, cut to length, cut a flat onto the
bolt head flush with the threads and parallel with the marked line on
the head.  Reinstall with thread lock.

Chuck Norcutt