[OM] Who uses a Bogen/Manfrotto 410/3275 geared head?

Subject: [OM] Who uses a Bogen/Manfrotto 410/3275 geared head?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 21:52:01 -0400
I just bought a used version of the small Bogen/Manfrotto 410 geared
tripod head.  It's something I've wanted for years since my other tripod
head tends to be less than smooth in its operation.  It can be very
jerky in its adjustments at times which is very frustrating.

I knew that the 410 used different QR plates but I really wasn't
prepared for how large they are.  Despite being for the "small" geared
head the QR plates look like they were designed for a 6x7 camera.  I
also had just purchased some "anti-twist" plates for my other (much
smaller) Manfrotto QR plates.  But I don't see such an accessory for
these 410 plates.  Do they grip well enough that the anti-twist plates
are not required?

Finally, I seem to recall that someone (Walt & Moose?) had modified
their 410 plates using a Cullmann QR assembly like this one (?)
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/511754-REG/Cullmann_CU_40440_Medium_Quick_Release_Assembly.html>

Do I have this anywhere near correct?  It was a long time ago.

Chuck Norcutt