[OM] Pietro [was Henri Cartier-Bresson The decisive moment]

Subject: [OM] Pietro [was Henri Cartier-Bresson The decisive moment]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 20:51:28 -0700
On 6/12/2011 2:46 AM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
>> Just wonderful!
>>
>> I think it gets even better if the eye, eyebrow, mouth and the nose ever so
>> slightly, are given a mild dose of Focus
>> Magic. I almost always find I like an image like this best if the eye is in
>> focus. Pulling the DOF a little further back
>> does that.<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Fildes/Pietro.htm>
> Not working for me I'm afraid.
>> I'm not sure what the Zeiss look is, but hope the subtle changes doesn't
>> mess it up.
> So subtle I can't see them?  :-)

For you and those others who couldn't see anything, I've added a layer that
shows just the small areas I edited. It was
meant to be subtle. I thought the image was already excellent, and just wanted
to bring better focus and some of that
"biting micro-contrast" to a couple of small areas.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Fildes/Pietro.htm>
> I don't know what it is either but I think it's best thought of as sharp
> detail, soft tone and good bokeh. Different to Leica which seems to have a
> general glow with detail cutting through. Whatever, shots with this lens do
> have a really nice rendition of skin. I really wanted the ear perfect.

And it is!

Moose