[OM] Pietro [was Henri Cartier-Bresson The decisive moment]

Subject: [OM] Pietro [was Henri Cartier-Bresson The decisive moment]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 20:58:20 -0700
On 6/12/2011 7:16 AM, Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> It does, Chuck - look at it again, or it's time to get a new monitor :-)

I don't think, as someone else also said, that the monitor has anything to do
with it - unless it can't display each
pixel separately.

> Despite I quite agree on Moose's opinion that the eye should be on focus,

Thanks! :-)

> in this photograph (and most probably due to the small size of
> the file Moose worked on) some sharpening artifacts appear: specially
> in the background, surrounding the nose and in the far and dark
> background which shows as if large pixels appears. Some blur might
> help there, but the nose surroundings would be more difficult.

The added version I just posted should make it clear that I did nothing at all
to the background. In fact, I paid it no
attention. My eyes were riveted by the subject. The background is low key, low
contrast, and mostly just stays out of
the way. Now that you mention it, I may see a bit of halo, but I just didn't
notice before.

> Anyway, the eyes are in focus ... and this matters.

To the two of us, anyway. ;-)

Moose