Re: [OM] (OM) Henri Cartier-Bresson The decisive moment

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Henri Cartier-Bresson The decisive moment
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 21:12:26 -0400
Chuck's digital photo rule number 1:  Never delete images in camera.
Due to quirks of the FAT16 and FAT32 file structures an image that's
deleted in-camera may or may not be recoverable.  And there's no way for
you to know ahead of time whether it will be or not.

I should have known better since I understand these file system
structures very well.  But I didn't pay attention to my own advice and,
during a bit of downtime, started editing in-camera.  I later swapped
out that card for another and later picked it up again thinking it was
all done... and I (you guessed it) formatted it.  PhotoRescue managed to
get about half of the 20-30 images back.  There were only a couple among
the missing that were truly important and, since they were static images
of a temple I was able to return to the site with the hour and reshoot them.

Sometimes learns and then re-learns the hard way,
Chuck Norcutt