Re: [OM] (OM) Henri Cartier-Bresson The decisive moment

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Henri Cartier-Bresson The decisive moment
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 11:21:11 +1200
http://vimeo.com/20047490
Henri Cartier-Bresson The decisive moment

I finally got around to downloading this video. At 66MB it took a while.

I have figured out a way of grabbing transient files such as this from my
browser temporary cache. One of my browsers; I have not been able so far
to find the caches of the more recent browsers.

Then, because I have removed Adobe Flash from my computer, I had to
convert the file to another format, in this case I chose wmv format, so the
file
size increased from 66MB to 486 MB.

For those of you who have not looked at this video, it turns out that is has
been made from a DVD issued by the Cartier-Bresson Foundation.
Several of the photos are in the marvellous book "A Family of Man"
published in the ? 1960's; I have two copies, my own and the one I gave to
my now-deceased Mother.

If I wish I can now convert each image to a printed image on good paper
using a screen capture program such as Irfanview.

The bonuses of this video are that it has Cartier-Bresson's voice speaking
about the pictures all the way through; a Frenchman speaking in English -
delightful. AND the video begins and ends with the sound of what I presume
to be the shutter of a Leica being released, followed by an instantaneous re-
wind.

A video well worth for me to view and listen to.

If just these photos are his best - what hope is there for the rest of us ??

He does settle for once and for all just what he means by  the phrase
"The Decisive Moment", which turns out to be exactly what I expected it to
be. Naturally, of course ... :-)  Of course!

Brian Swale.