[OM] Paging Dr. PC connector --Flashbulb dud

Subject: [OM] Paging Dr. PC connector --Flashbulb dud
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 19:30:39 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks for the suggestions. I am betting the pc connector on that cam
is misbehaving.

Mike

Instead of wasting film, you can do the double-exposure trick with the
OM-2 until you've got it working right.

1. Take up the slack with the rewind knob (but not too tight).
2. Press the Rewind Button
3. While holding the rewind knob still, advance the film
4. Shoot
5 Repeat till the flash sync is working.

Something else here, but instead of wasting money on bulbs getting
this tested, you can also put a multimeter (Fluke, of course) on the
leads of the socket. You'll see the voltage pulse when it fires
successfully. I think you could also attach a small, worthless speaker
from a torn-apart transister radio (remember those?) to the pins. When
it works, you'll hear the speaker click and a curl of smoke will be
visible.

AG