[OM] Paging Dr. PC connector --Flashbulb dud

Subject: [OM] Paging Dr. PC connector --Flashbulb dud
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 20:09:00 -0400 (EDT)
Arghh,
Giant flashbulb experiment was aborted due to trigger trouble.  OM-2
loaded with new Portra 160 would not trigger the FB!!!  FB bracket is
hooked up to the pc connector in FP mode.

I did not use the less reliable 3v (2 D cell) solution but had an old
cap (seemed OK) and the 22.5V battery that should have more than enough
umph to trigger burns in the 3 giant bulbs and plenty  of juice to
spare.  I know the Flashbulb bracket is OK as it worked on auto and
manual
at least to trigger  on a recently CLA'd 2N.  Well I was at home and I
know the hot shoe is OK, so hooked up a yabe transmitter
and used the PC socket on the receiver to hook up the flashbulb
brackets.  With the test button on the transmitter, a T32 fired fine
but, oh NO, not the  trial flashbulb!  (5 bucks a pop vs Big Berthas,
$$$ a pop)  I was very  disappointed but  managed to obscure that.
double argghh

   I recall Dr. Flash had some trouble triggering some flashes with the
yabe radio triggers.

I think the 2N would have  worked  fine but I ran out of time so it
will have to wait.  So it appears the OM2 may have a pc connector issue?
That cam has  never  ever put an ear out of place.  What is up?  Trip
to John for the OM-2??

Where are  my Photons, Mike :-((