[OM] Paging Dr. PC connector --Flashbulb dud

Subject: [OM] Paging Dr. PC connector --Flashbulb dud
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 15:09:31 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks for thinking about this Dr. Flash and AG.

The cable from the pc connector to the flashbulb bracket is a male PC
to household AC so I could not plug that into a T32 easily.
I had 6 or so shots left so didn't want to burn film . My first
suspicion was an issue the flash bulb bracket with the 22.5V battery
and 30+year old cap, though I had tested it before. Plugging the pc
connector into a 2N in FP position confirmed that it would fire the
FB--took a bit
until I could see again. I wanted a quick workable solution with the
gear easily available so reached for the radio trigger as I knew the
hot shoe was OK. I also suspected the FP position likely worked as last
year the flash shots showed no evidence of flash in the images despite
firing when it slipped part way to the FP position (now have the
plastic safety doohickey from John) Appears the PC connector on the OM2
as AG mentions is suspect and should be tested per Dr. Flash.

I wonder if that is a known occasional problem issue on OM-2's?
I likely hadn't used that  pc socket for many moons on that OM-2 though
have used it on the 4T's and my 2N's. Bah.

Outta sync, ergo outta sorts, Mike